Social Enterprise and Business Development Officer
The Project Group has successfully appointed a new member of staff to join our small, well established team. The main aim of this post is to take responsibility for the running of the Project Group with the Project Coordinator, and to develop and implement a sustainable funding and business development strategy to match the future aims of the organisation. Future plans include strengthening our retail arm 'Designs in Mind', and developing our commissions business to provide a sustainable future fot the group.
Thank you to all those who took an interest in this post.
Opportunities for Artists
We are currently looking to build up a database of artists who could lead workshops for our members in order to widen our portfolio and learn transferable skills which could be used for both art commissions and retail products. We are looking to both learn completely new as well as to build on our existing skills.
- to improve ideas generation and processes of design and production
- to explore and experiment with materials and their properties to discover potential for their use in developing new products or responding to commissions.
- to improve technical skills and quality of making
- to explore methods and means of production to make best use of equipment, facilities and collective skills
- to leave behind a range of samples/resources and materials for reference and use (where appropriate)
- to raise creative ambition and increase awareness of the marketplace
- to transfer knowledge and experience of professionalism in crafts practice as a career
The Project Group provides a creative environment for individuals, in touch with mental health services, to achieve at their own pace. Most of our members are currently unemployed and use their time with The Project Group to become confident within a work-like environment, gain new skills and motivation to become “work ready”.
Innovation and quality are at the heart of our success. The ethos of the group encourages artistic experimentation and risk taking, whilst providing a framework for less confident members to move forward at their own pace. We work with professional artists, at all times, within a professional studio environment.
The Project Group has 35 members and we foster a culture of achievement. Through this culture members gain in confidence and self-esteem, showing motivation and commitment, achieving well above expectations. Members come from all over Shropshire.
How to respond:
Please send us information about yourself, your experience in running workshop, pictures of your work and a proposal of how you would structure a workshop with The Project Group.
We haven’t got a specific project in mind at the moment – please be creative with your proposal. Opportunities depend on project funding. We also invite artists in to actively manage holiday cover, as we are a small organisation with only part time staff.
Please contact The Project Group if you would like to know more about volunteering with the group.